All 8 art Reviews

Self Portrait Self Portrait

Awesome

I love the tiny details in the collar, which are even more intricate when zoomed in.
You had better grow a moustache like that in the near future

Wind Swirl Wind Swirl

Be wary of filters

What it largely seems like you've done, not just with this piece but with several of your pieces, is whipped something together fairly quickly, then decided you didnt quite like it, so you ran a photoshop filter over it.

You want to be showing off your skills as an artist, not what photoshop can manipulate. My advice would be to just keep working using only the pen tool, and to practice making art without ANY photoshop effects or filters.

once you get comfortable with that, try applying different textures SPARINGLY, usually to only small parts of a picture at a time. Tutorials are your friend~ they'll help show you how to correctly and effectively use a lot of the different filters

Choco-block responds:

Strawberry God Strawberry God

Love it, but

my OCD is acting up 'cause the right (devil) wing is slightly higher up than the left angel wing. (hence the 9)

I really love the colour in the clouds though. Amazing work

Ninja Pig Ninja Pig

I like it

I think the nostrils need a little bit of work, at the moment it looks like they come out
but apart from that, its good. its simple, and not at all overdone

Born To Gotham Born To Gotham

Cool, but

I only really liked it once i read your comments. before that i had no idea what the hell it was.
if you can make it clearer what the pictures actually of, THEN it would be awesome
also what are those pink intestiney things? uhh id lose those too

Rose Painting Rose Painting

Lifes like a rose bush~ full of pricks

sorry to hear 'bout your circumstances, but the artwork is still pretty good.
i feel its still kind of bland at the moment though, with the rose petals are the only bits of colour, but this might have been your intention?
a blue background and green stalks would definately give it a lot more colour and brighter energy into the piece though.
you could probably also go over a few of the lines, a lot of them look a bit too.. whispy?

good work though, and forget your ex, she obs didn't appreciate you

BowlofRice responds:

Lol, thanks :) but i left the stems and leaves grey to emphasize the actual flower.

But thanks for the advice.

lovers lovers

Great detailing and shading

I love the textures on the card which make it look old and sort of Baroque fashioned.
Being supercritical, i dislike the asymmetry with the hearts at the bottom, but that might have been your own choice.
I'm keeping an eye out for more of these tarot cards, keep up the good work

shebitmefirst responds:

yeah, I hear ya on the clumsy hearts. I'm just doing these as a bit of a drawing exercise and am not focusing on perfection. I decided not to get too wrapped up in the polish and try to retain a bit of the hand-drawn... uh... charm?

otherwise I'd be spending waaaaay too much time on them.

Lost at Sea, or something. Lost at Sea, or something.

awesome

reminds me of Robin Williams drawing in 'Good Will Hunting'